Millout Extension - SH508- ME
Mill-Out Extension is a tubular product which resemble pup joints/pup joint extensions and are not actually “milled” as its name implies.
They have an ID which is larger than that of its mating packer bore ID that it will be used with.
- Larger ID allows for collet on packer milling/retrieving tool to latch into place.
- Allows movement of milling/retrieving tool as it moves downward during milling process of packer.
- Appropriate length of Mill-Out extension ensures no other components below packer come in contact with milling/retrieving tool.
- Comes with variety of different thread types (API/Proprietary) and Thread size combinations (Pin x Pin / Box x Box / Box Pin)
- Each Mill-Out Extension has larger ID than the mating Packer bore ID.
- Easy to install & customised design
Technical Specification & Sizes
- Typically, the Mill-Out Extension ID and OD surface finish is not critical.
- The Mill-Out Extensions can be setup as pup joint/pup joint extension if the design requirement meets the API Tubing/Casing nominal IDs.
- ID is required to be 3/8” (preferred), or more, larger than packer bore ID.
- The preferred Mill-Out extension length is 8’ (96”). Shorter lengths are also available but are required to be verified for sufficient packer retrieving/milling tool length.
- It can be made of different thread types ranges from API thread to various proprietary threads (Premium Threads).